What is Ethereum Classic? | Beginner's Guide
Ethereum Classic is one of the first cryptocurrencies that was created by the fork of the main Ethereum chain.
What is Ethereum Classic? Project description.Github: https://ethereumclassic.github.io/
Ethereum Classic was made by the hard fork of Ethereum. Like Ethereum, ETC is used to create smart contracts. In addition, developers intend to provide a platform for creating decentralized applications, called SDK (Software Development Kit).Wallets
- Emerald - Wallet available for personal computers with the following systems: Windows, Linux, Mac
- Jaxx - available for personal computers with the following systems: Windows, Linux, Mac, there is also a mobile version available for phones with the following systems: Android, iOS.
- Guard - a mobile wallet for phones with the following systems: Android, iOS.
- Trust - a mobile wallet for phones with the following systems: Android, iOS. There are also available hardware portfolios: Trezor, Ledger
- MyEtherWallet - browser wallet
|Mined coins||17 124 312 BTC||100 723 818 ETC|
|Speed of confirmation||9m 44s||15s|
|Amount of blocks||529 945||5 974 344|
|Reward for block||12.50 BTC||3.5 ETH|
|Size of blockchain||203.58 GB||20 GB GB|
|Privacy||All transaction informations are available for everyone||Same as in BTC|
|Speed||Transaction scalability is one of the problems of Bitcoin. The transaction confirmation time is even several hours or even days. The higher the fee is, the faster the transaction will go to the block.||Transactions in ETC pass quickly. Blockchain has a lot of bandwidth, but also a small number of transactions compared to BTC. The average transaction time is about a minute.|
|Others||The entire reward goes to the miners.||ETC is one of the first cryptocurrencies that was created by the fork of the main Ethereum chain.|